|And that brings us to What's Next. This definitely isn't an exhaustive list of our goals (or BHAG's as I like to call them....big, hairy, audacious goals!!) for next year....hey a girl's got to play some cards close to the chest! :) But there are some in there that I had to take a double gulp of courage to write out for the whole world to see. Because c'mon what fun is talking about goals if you're not actually going to put them out there, right??
* A two-week turnaround on all jobs, with the exception of albums.
* To blog a wedding within the week following it (gulp, gulp!)
* To create (and stick to) weekly work hours and days off.
* To create (and stick to) a daily routine, including working out, showering and eating a good breakfast
* To document *our* lives a lot more and to blog about it. Which means you're going to be seeing a lot more of our smiling faces....not because we think you want to stare at us all day long, but because I want to stop and remember this life as it's blurring by.
* To go along with that, blog at least one personal, tell the story of us post a week.
* Blog at least one Pancake Session every two weeks (ideally every week, but I'm going to leave some room for grace)
* Get custom packaging tape w/ J&M logo
* Stock up all supplies needed for office, gifts, etc in bulk for start of 2011 season.
* Clear off all rugged drives & re-implement the pyramid workflow.
* Invest in nice suits/outfits for weddings, dressing as a representation of our brand.
* Pre-schedule days completely open on the calendar for blogging shoots & dreaming so I have to honor them.
* Have our editing workflow & editor established and in place for the first wedding of 2011 (Jan 15th)
* Finally set up Shoot Q
* Order the flash drives, custom branded with our logo
* Take my dad on the trip of his life (more on this to come!)
* Find a way to move every day, even if it's just a walk with Coop.
* Begin every week with Quadrant II planning
* Host dinner parties & game nights
* Date night every week, without fail.
* All files organized, cleaned out, desktop cleaned off by the start of 2011 season. It's clean slate time.
* Clean out the remaining boxes in the basement
* Get published in Inside Weddings or Your Wedding Day (or both!)
* Get custom letterpress business cards & stationery made
* A book. I'm just putting it out there.
* Quadruple the monthly hits on this blog. Yikes, and I just put THAT out there!
* An off the charts STL 2011!
* Do weekly meal-planning & have a set day to grocer.
* Grow deeper in love with photography
* Grow deeper in love with my husband (not in that order)
* Invest in studio-quality lighting
* Two words: Deee-Four!!
* Put in our kitchen on the 2nd floor.
* Finish the outside of the house.
* Rock out our WPPI platform this year (and find a way to actually get people there since it's the morning of the last day! :)
* Find a mentor
* Be a mentor
* Do my "lunch project" (more on this to come!)
* Justin to start his "100 project" more on this to come
* Did I mention dream & breathe?
* Gah....about a million other things, but my head is swimming right now! But I'm sure at some point I'll be sharing some more.
This was exhausting. In the best possible way.
Stay tuned tomorrow as we'll be running a pretty killer contest for you guys for your own "what worked, what didn't and what's next" answers. Until then, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!